Friday, September 18, 2009

Honey Chicken.......

I found this on Becoming Betty. We tried it out last night. It was so yummy! A lot like Pei Wei or PF Changs. It will be on the rotation!

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
3 or 4 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup lemon or orange juice
1 Tbs. soy sauce

*In a plastic bag, combine flour, salt and flakes. Add chicken to bag and shake to coat. Pour 4 Tbs. melted butter into a baking dish. Add chicken, turning to coat with butter. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. In a bowl, combine brown sugar, honey, juice, soy sauce and remaining butter. Pour over chicken and bake for 25 more minutes. Serve over rice.

2 comments:

  1. I think I will have to make this. I have been such a slacker lately with dinner, sticking to the same easy recipes (if anything at all) but this has inspired me. Now I just have to be home to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I guess I haven't been on your blog in a while because I haven't seen this recipe. It looks SO GOOD! I love the Pei Wei/PF Changs version, this sounds just as good. It also is super easy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete