Thursday, June 4, 2009

Picture Frame Craft

When I first came across this craft I couldn't wait to make it. It was so simple and because I had most of the stuff at home it only cost 5 bucks.


I bought the poster board frame at Target. They have ones that are larger and ones that have a bit nicer of a frame. I knew I was going to be putting magnets on the back to put on my fridge. I have been using it for to do lists, menus and shopping list. I LOVE it. And maybe my sweetie left me a few love notes on it. (which made my day)
Here is all you need......

Remove all packaging and take frame a part like you are putting a picture in it. Cover the cardboard with a piece of fabric.....you need enough fabric to wrap and glue around the edges. Fold over and hot glue. (you don't need much glue if it is too thick it will be hard to slide the frame back over it.)



Here is the end result.....I ended up re-doing it with different fabric. That print was to too busy and You couldn't see the dry erase markers very well. So I would recommend a simple pattern and not too dark. I need to grab some heavy duty magnets I glued some on the back but it is not staying as I would like....but I LOVE it.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. I am interested to see what fabric you did use. I think we both need to be a little less busy soon. I think I forgot what you look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really cute! so you just write on it after you put the glass back on? i imagine that is what you do. VERY cute idea!

    ReplyDelete